Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Where the Path Takes You


I completed a 30-day nature challenge a while back.  I blogged about my journey and lessons learned. The number one take away was that when I connect to nature on a daily basis, I am grounded and balanced.  When I do not, I start to teeter and spin my wheels more.  Being in nature every day is part of my wellness.  I had no idea this nature challenge would be the beginning of a path for me, though.

Last week, I had my energy read by an amazing energy reader, Christa Steeves.  Without knowing much about me at all, she mentioned this need for connecting to nature daily.  She also said things about the path I'm heading into that amazed me and, not only have been guiding me, but when I make decisions based on this guide, I feel good!  The path was not specified exactly, but it was clear that the challenges I've been facing in my business were challenges because I was on the wrong path.

Wellness is a path.  It changes direction.  There are a lot of stumps and bumps along the way.  Other paths lead into the right path - sometimes you end up on the wrong path.  You reach your destinations/goals and feel a sense of accomplishment.

Holistic wellness is far more than your physical health.  That seems to be a common first step for people because physical symptoms appear when there are other root issues at play.  Many treat the the physical symptom and never consider much about the holistic nature of wellness.  In my professional life, I help businesses uncover the root causes of business challenges that really are symptoms of something else.  We get at the 'truth'.  Then we 'create' a plan to address the issues. 'Understanding' of what it takes to progress and resolve the issues comes as we implement the plan.  Finally... a 'transformation' occurs.  A positive change happens.  Leader, business, and individual success follows.

Taking care of your wellness is like that too.  It's a journey.  To get at the truth, it takes more than a simple knowing you have to lose weight or you have to get the pain in your knee fixed.  For true wellness in life, you dig.  You ask the hard questions.  You may not see the truth until you really are ready to commit to changing your perspective, your habits, your life.  When you see the truth, the right path will take you to the right place.  And you will transform in amazing ways.

My path is leading more and more towards wellness.  I have gotten involved with an amazing group of women at FarOut Fitness, which has given me a venue for taking care of my physical wellness.  This group also satisfies part of my social need.  But, what I didn't realize when I got involved, was that being involved with this group would catapult my return to an old path of health and wellness in serving others.  And that would be part of my own healing and holistic wellness.

I have offered my first wellness coaching session as a donation to FarOut Fitness.  I believe that, like it takes a village to raise a child, it takes a village to create happy, healthy, loving people.  We give.  We receive.

Namaste

Tina Pomroy is a Business and Leadership Coach and Mentor, bringing mindfulness to business.  She also provides coaching and mentoring in wellness, parenting, and career development.  You can contact Tina at tinapomroy@hotmail.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment