Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Flake

I am a self professed flake.  I have strange ideas sometimes.  I laugh at oddities.  Sometimes I am an oddity.  I've been known to bump into doors.  My team at work gave me poster one time that suggested I was a flake (and that was a good thing).  I'm a flake.  And I forgot how flaky you get in this dry weather!

Yes.  I'm writing about dry skin!  I always soaked myself in moisturizer, especially during the winter months.  But when we lived in Singapore, I got used to never using it (except SPF stuff on my face of course!).  When I shaved my legs I didn't have to exfoliate first.  I didn't have to cream them up after.  My legs were always smooth like you see on women on California beaches.... well, sort of.

Now we are back to Canada.  We're having a most beautiful Autumn with color in the trees and crisp, fresh air.  I love it!  It's a good thing we have to wear pants though.  Because my skin is falling off!  It's a small price to pay for the incredible trail walks with baby in the Snugli.

I also am slowly getting more accustomed to wearing socks and shoes again too.  I think my feet grew while I sported flip flops for a year.  I've had sore toes from closed in shoes!  And you can forget me wearing socks indoors.  They come off as soon as I take off my shoes.

As trivial as all this may sound, it's something people who move from a warm, humid climate to a cool, dry climate have to deal with.  And you just manage it.  I try to manage emotions like that too.  These days, with a lack of sleep (related to baby of course), moving house (a.k.a. temporarily living with my folks), and simply trying to be mom to a teen and a baby and a decent partner to Terry, I need a reminder to manage my emotions like I manage my flaky legs.  Sleep, time to shower without rushing to tend to baby, and some adult time would work too.

No comments:

Post a Comment