Monday, March 26, 2012

Frog Splat

Have you tried the Bakasana?  Or Crane Pose?  Or, if you're me, you call it the Froggie Pose.  Yes, it's a yoga pose.

Hot yoga class the other night was incredible.  I was on a yoga high for hours afterwards.  I swear, I glowed.  Well, in my head anyway.  I did not fall out of my tree once.  My back bends were deeper than in the past (since my neck issues).  AND.... I did the froggie pose... a.k.a. bakasana.  It's an arm balancing pose, which I had no problem with as a teenager.  But as an adult with two kids, a changing body, and weakening wrists, it's more challenging.

Anyway, I made my way into this arm balancing pose.... the girl on my left struggled and couldn't find her balance... the girl on the right took a rest.  (I know!  No comparing to the others, but that's difficult when they are in your peripheral vision!)  But me?  No, no, no... I got into the pose.  True, I hesitated.  But I was balanced.  I was strong!  I was powerful!  I was not falling.  I could do anything!  Where did all this strength come from?  I'm amazing!  I am woman, hear me ROAR!  SPLAT!  Face plant.... or frog splat.  Yes, even the instructor had to ask if I was OK.

After a twinge of embarrassment, I felt a sense of accomplishment.  Even though I splat.  I splat because I pushed myself past my comfort zone.  And I was better off for it.

I'm taking this to my career search.  I'm talking myself through my fears of leaping into a more challenging role.  When I don't get that second interview, I tell myself it's just a frog splat. It's not about being at the top.... it's about growing to a higher peak... and trying not to frog splat, but when I do, I'll recover and be stronger for it.

In case I am not clear... I'm seriously seeking employment.  I'm being selective.  I have my mind set on a particular experience.  I have written it down.  And I'm working on attracting it.  I feel powerful.  And, yes, I have frog splat days.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment